Saturday, June 16, 2012

Day 15 & 16-Ketchikan

Not much to report these last few days.  Sam M. left midday yesterday so I’m solo until I pick up my older brother in Petersburg on the 20th.  Yesterday was spent getting ready to head out, doing laundry, buying groceries, showering, etc.  The weather was decent until about 1:30, when heavy rain and strong winds moved in for the rest of the day.

The 4:00 PM weather forecast indicated decent weather for leaving today (Saturday), but I awoke to 20+ knots of wind at the dock and a forecast for worse weather where I’m heading.  Heavy rain, too.  So I opted to stay in Ketchikan another day.  Tomorrow looks like the winds should be calm for the trip up towards Petersburg, where I expect to arrive on the 19th.

No comments :

Post a Comment